Careers for the young
- Just finishing Class XII or A-Levels…
- Just finishing Graduation…
- Just finishing Post Graduation…
- Finishing with CA, CS or MBA…
The singular question that chases every youngster is — what next!
I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with a large number of young people over the last 10 years. Being a recruiter has strengths. Being someone who has conducted many campus drives, sat through thousands of interviews, conducted series of rejection drives (yup that’s what it has become – more rejection than selection process)… I understand the process. Sure its maddening but I understand it quite well. I have conducted more than 500 workshops & interview skills workshops across India and in a few neighbouring countries as well. After 18000 students, many may argue that I qualify.
I also speak in a number of academic institutions across the country and hold sessions on careers. Could be visiting your college very soon.
Talk to me, book a session, take some tests, hopefully I will be able to make some decisions simpler…
Stuck at work – mid career
- Thought of becoming a Chemical Engineer, am stuck coding into seemingly meaningless databases for clients I don’t know or don’t care about
- Trained to be a Structural Engineer, seem to be overseeing real estate projects
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant, all I do is sign on papers to give loans to people who would have got them even if a school drop out looked through his papers
- Have to come back to Kolkata because of ailing parents, have to let go of my cushy 3-bedroom flat in Gurgaon and leave my 7-figure salary – no one will pay that in Cal
Being a recruiter and an assessor for a decade, I have heard them all and I hear new ones everyday.
I am not suggesting that I have the answers to every career block or every time someone is stuck in his professional pursuits or when someone is unsure what should be the next step that can help him/her achieve success – I may be a good person to talk to.
I meet folks in my offices or other venues in Kolkata, Mumbai and Bangalore. Please contact me in case you would want to book a session with me. I also conduct Skype sessions in case we are unable to meet in person.