I have been a recruiter for the last 10 years. Recruitment per say bores me. I suspect almost 90% of HR executives disrespect recruiters although 30% of them end up becoming recruiters when they retire or when the entrepreneurial bug bites them! I have even heard unkind words to describe what a recruiter does.
But then there are things that needs doing even if they are boring, unglamorous and thankless. Therefore I end up doing Recruitment and I actually do quite a lot of it.
Stuff that I do…
- Head hunt senior resources
- Work as an interviewer for companies
- Make interview structures, processes and policies for companies
- Help make assessments models to mass recruit (or at times mass-reject)
- Confidential background and effectiveness verifications